Nothing hurts me more when you say I can't do it

And that is the truth and nothing but the truth.

You may be joking when you say that. But the truth is, it cuts deeper than just being a joke. So much so that I now feel like I can't do it anymore.

Its not fair that you can say and laugh it off as a joke.

Its so unfair that you can just dismiss it and say all those things about me.

What I really want is your praise, encouragement...Anything to help keep me going. I'm already down as it is because of all the doubts I have about myself.

"Was it the right thing to do?"
"Did I make the right decision?"

All those doubts are already deeply rooted within me and all I wanted was encouragement.

Is that too much to ask?

Instead, you start joking about my inability to do and perform well.

Some people would take this in stride and try prove them wrong.
Ever thought that there will always be people who will crash and burn just because of that simple 'joke'?

I'm trying my best to prove you wrong. But if you were to weigh it on a scale, the proving you wrong part is slowly tipping to the other end of the scale.

The crash and burn part.

I really want to prove you wrong. But the more you say and do all these things to me, the less confident I become.

So far, only three people has given me the encouragement that I can do it. And out of those 3, there is 1 I don't really know, and the other 2 are nowhere nearby.

I guess all I want is someone verbally telling me..

"Pei Li. You can do it. So what if they're joking about your abilities. I believe you can do it."

Is that too much to ask?

1 Response to "Nothing hurts me more when you say I can't do it"

  1. MeLC Says:

    OMG! I was just thinking about the same thing the other day!!! I hate it when people say I can't do it.