I've noticed that as we grow older, we tend to lose friends not because we fall out due to a fight, or because we realized that we suddenly hate each other or something.
Its because we're all too "busy" to take the time to communicate with each other. Hmmm...take for example.
Back when you're in primary school, you would always say, Hey, we'll be friends forever ya! Such naive thoughts. Because you know that the moment you don't end up in the same class even in primary school, or when you go to different secondary schools, you just don't....you know...become friends anymore. The next time you meet up, you might just feel awkward and you guys won't be laughing like close friends. Instead, you'll be thinking hard "What on earth do I say now?". That being said, you would also rarely come across each other as it is. Right?

Well now. You've then moved on to secondary school. And you've made new friends. I personally think that the bonds forged in secondary school would be stronger than those forged during our primary school years. Or it could just be referring to only me. As long as you don't end up changing classes every year, I'm sure you could make plenty, or at most, a few close friends. Then again, I'm just using my boring life as a template to my thoughts. Being a naturally quiet girl, yes, I AM quiet, I couldn't make many friends. Friends are something that isnt' easy for me to make. So shutup about me having few friends. I'd rather have 10 close friends than 500 friends whom I just occasionally talk to.
Then we move on to college. You make even more new friends. By now, your paths with your closer friends back in school might have differed. You would have preferred to be a lawyer, than say, a doctor, or, a politician. Or you would wanna be a teacher instead. Then, you'd be going off to different places for your tertiary education. Some would go to a private college/university, some would have gone to a local one. Others might have opt for form 6, or matriculation. And the rare few would have just proceeded to go overseas immediately.
This is when your bonds of friendship with your friends are trialed. Obviously if you haven't contacted your primary school friends even once then it'd be a miracle if you actually met each other. But keeping in contact with your secondary friends can be kinda hard if you have different schedules.
Then, you move on. After graduating from college you would have either completed everything and start looking for a job, or proceed to further your education; whether still local or overseas.
Either choices, you're getting further and further away from the people whom you once called your friends. And depending on whether you want to keep them or lose them, you would need to take the initiative.

Once again, i'm prattling on and on about nonsensical stuff =\
Alritey. Time for me to...get kicked off the internet for good. Gosh, I'm addicted to the net and facebook.
Hope I don't show withdrawal symptoms soon :p
11th November 2009
P.S I didn't realize it was the 11th of November! xD
Its because we're all too "busy" to take the time to communicate with each other. Hmmm...take for example.
Back when you're in primary school, you would always say, Hey, we'll be friends forever ya! Such naive thoughts. Because you know that the moment you don't end up in the same class even in primary school, or when you go to different secondary schools, you just don't....you know...become friends anymore. The next time you meet up, you might just feel awkward and you guys won't be laughing like close friends. Instead, you'll be thinking hard "What on earth do I say now?". That being said, you would also rarely come across each other as it is. Right?

Well now. You've then moved on to secondary school. And you've made new friends. I personally think that the bonds forged in secondary school would be stronger than those forged during our primary school years. Or it could just be referring to only me. As long as you don't end up changing classes every year, I'm sure you could make plenty, or at most, a few close friends. Then again, I'm just using my boring life as a template to my thoughts. Being a naturally quiet girl, yes, I AM quiet, I couldn't make many friends. Friends are something that isnt' easy for me to make. So shutup about me having few friends. I'd rather have 10 close friends than 500 friends whom I just occasionally talk to.
Then we move on to college. You make even more new friends. By now, your paths with your closer friends back in school might have differed. You would have preferred to be a lawyer, than say, a doctor, or, a politician. Or you would wanna be a teacher instead. Then, you'd be going off to different places for your tertiary education. Some would go to a private college/university, some would have gone to a local one. Others might have opt for form 6, or matriculation. And the rare few would have just proceeded to go overseas immediately.
This is when your bonds of friendship with your friends are trialed. Obviously if you haven't contacted your primary school friends even once then it'd be a miracle if you actually met each other. But keeping in contact with your secondary friends can be kinda hard if you have different schedules.
Then, you move on. After graduating from college you would have either completed everything and start looking for a job, or proceed to further your education; whether still local or overseas.
Either choices, you're getting further and further away from the people whom you once called your friends. And depending on whether you want to keep them or lose them, you would need to take the initiative.

Once again, i'm prattling on and on about nonsensical stuff =\
Alritey. Time for me to...get kicked off the internet for good. Gosh, I'm addicted to the net and facebook.
Hope I don't show withdrawal symptoms soon :p
11th November 2009
P.S I didn't realize it was the 11th of November! xD

