As Yee Wen said in my cbox, No point dwelling in the past. Time to pull it together and get a move on. Its the present and future that counts. The past is but a memory, something that we are built upon, something that must be taken into account and learned from.
But the most important thing is to remember our mistakes in the past so that we will never repeat it again.
I've learned a valuable lesson this time round and will just move on. These few days has given me a lot of time to think upon and reflect. As a 'wise' friend once said to me, you will always wish you could live in the past. Back when everything was so easygoing and all fun and games...
But there will always be a time when you need to leave everything behind and just move on with your life.
Going to different places....meeting different people...learning different stuff. Look how much we've separated by now? When I was in lower primary, I used to hang with Carol. In standard 5, that didn't happen because everyone else was in standard 4 when I skipped std 4. They met different friends and I met different people. I met Carr Men. Then in std 6, I met Xiao Foong.
In lower secondary, I met Dianne, Sarah, Steph and a few others.
In upper secondary, I met Yee Wen, Lai Mun, Tsing, Mel, Yan Leng and many more.
In Taylor's I met the whole of PM4.
And now in IMU, I'll meet with a whole different set of people.
But in the process, I've lost many other friends. I barely speak to Carr Men. Its been ages since I last met Carol face to face. Dianne and Pui Man are virtually out of reach without technology.
And that's gonna just become worse.
Soon, everyone will start leaving me one at a time. Next will be Yee Wen. Then Sarah. Then more of those who are going overseas.
Then all my friends in IMU will leave for separate universities.
Life's tough huh?
But we need to move on.
And so...with these memories that I've imprinted on this last post, I shall now seal all these memories, happy and sad alike, deep in my heart and memory. No more brooding on the past.
Watch out world, here I come!
But the most important thing is to remember our mistakes in the past so that we will never repeat it again.
I've learned a valuable lesson this time round and will just move on. These few days has given me a lot of time to think upon and reflect. As a 'wise' friend once said to me, you will always wish you could live in the past. Back when everything was so easygoing and all fun and games...
But there will always be a time when you need to leave everything behind and just move on with your life.
Going to different places....meeting different people...learning different stuff. Look how much we've separated by now? When I was in lower primary, I used to hang with Carol. In standard 5, that didn't happen because everyone else was in standard 4 when I skipped std 4. They met different friends and I met different people. I met Carr Men. Then in std 6, I met Xiao Foong.
In lower secondary, I met Dianne, Sarah, Steph and a few others.
In upper secondary, I met Yee Wen, Lai Mun, Tsing, Mel, Yan Leng and many more.
In Taylor's I met the whole of PM4.
And now in IMU, I'll meet with a whole different set of people.
But in the process, I've lost many other friends. I barely speak to Carr Men. Its been ages since I last met Carol face to face. Dianne and Pui Man are virtually out of reach without technology.
And that's gonna just become worse.
Soon, everyone will start leaving me one at a time. Next will be Yee Wen. Then Sarah. Then more of those who are going overseas.
Then all my friends in IMU will leave for separate universities.
Life's tough huh?
But we need to move on.
And so...with these memories that I've imprinted on this last post, I shall now seal all these memories, happy and sad alike, deep in my heart and memory. No more brooding on the past.
Watch out world, here I come!




