Throughout my whole entire life, I have already said goodbye to a person.
And I've always hoped that it'd be the last goodbye I'd ever say.
She was always kind to me, always giving me an extra smile.
Encouraging me to talk in front of her when I was feeling shy.
Giving me presents knowing how few I used to get back then.
We weren't well off, but we were thriving.
Then, I had to say goodbye.
I was so young I didn't understand it back then. Now, I do.
I only wish that I could see you now, and show you how big I've grown up to be.
Show you how tall my brother is right now despite the age gap.
To show you that I can speak measly hokkien.
To tell you that the reason I stopped playing the piano is because I have no audience to listen to me play.
To tell you that it has always been my childhood dream to learn every main component of the musical instruments.
One string, one brass, one woodwind and one percussion.
Which means, I've always wanted to at least learn how to play, a violin, a trumpet, a flute and a harp.
And so far, I have yet to learn it nor express my wish to learn it to my family. How would they react? Would they think that I'm already taking things for granted? These instruments don't come cheap afterall.
To tell you that one of my other childhood dreams is to be athletic. It will never happen. My stamina is as bad as an obese sloth.
But I digress.
Don't really know what to say anymore. But...many things have changed back home.
Always take care of yourself.
With love,
PeiLi
And I've always hoped that it'd be the last goodbye I'd ever say.
She was always kind to me, always giving me an extra smile.
Encouraging me to talk in front of her when I was feeling shy.
Giving me presents knowing how few I used to get back then.
We weren't well off, but we were thriving.
Then, I had to say goodbye.
I was so young I didn't understand it back then. Now, I do.
I only wish that I could see you now, and show you how big I've grown up to be.
Show you how tall my brother is right now despite the age gap.
To show you that I can speak measly hokkien.
To tell you that the reason I stopped playing the piano is because I have no audience to listen to me play.
To tell you that it has always been my childhood dream to learn every main component of the musical instruments.
One string, one brass, one woodwind and one percussion.
Which means, I've always wanted to at least learn how to play, a violin, a trumpet, a flute and a harp.
And so far, I have yet to learn it nor express my wish to learn it to my family. How would they react? Would they think that I'm already taking things for granted? These instruments don't come cheap afterall.
To tell you that one of my other childhood dreams is to be athletic. It will never happen. My stamina is as bad as an obese sloth.
But I digress.
Don't really know what to say anymore. But...many things have changed back home.
Always take care of yourself.
With love,
PeiLi

